2 TBS Butter
1 cup Italian style bread crumbs
1 TSP chopped fresh garlic
3 TBS chopped fresh parsley
2 dozen fresh oysters, shucked
3 TBS grated Parmesan cheese
2 TBS butter, cut into tiny pieces
Salt and pepper to taste
· Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Butter shallow baking dish generously.
· In a skillet, melt 2 tbs. butter, add garlic and breadcrumbs and lightly brown for 2 or 3 minutes. Stir in parsley, and season with salt and pepper.
· Spread 2/3 of the breadcrumb mixture in the bottom of the buttered baking dish, place the oysters in a single layer on top of the breadcrumbs.
· Toss the remaining breadcrumb mixture with the Parmesan cheese and spread on top of the oysters. Top with the bits of butter.
· Bake for approximately 12 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly.