1 tsp. vegetable oil
• 1 lb. skinless chicken breasts, cut into half-inch cubes
• 1 can (16 oz.) white navy beans, undrained
• ½ tsp. corn starch
• 1 cup chicken broth
• 1 can (4 oz.) mild green chiles, roasted and peeled, undrained
• ¼ tsp. crushed, dried red pepper
• ½ tsp. black pepper
• 1 tsp. cumin
• ½ tsp. garlic powder
• 2 tbsp. dried chopped onion
• ½ tsp. salt
• 1 tsp. fresh, minced cilantro
1) In a large skillet, heat the oil and then add the chicken cubes. Cook on medium heat and stir for about 5 minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink.
2) In a separate bowl, dilute the corn starch by adding it to the chicken broth; stir.
3) Add the navy beans, green chiles, and chicken broth/corn starch mix to the skillet; stir.
4) Add the red pepper, black pepper, cumin, garlic powder, dried chopped onion, salt, and cilantro to the skillet; stir well.
5) Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
6) If desired, serve with toppings (shredded Colby Jack cheese, avocado slices, sour cream, and/or chopped cilantro).
Makes about four servings of 1 cup each.
Nutrition information (approximate):
Serving size: 1 cup
Fat: 5.3 g
Saturated Fat: 0.35 g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.1 g
Monounsaturated Fat: 2.2 g
Cholesterol: 94 mg
Sodium: 647 mg
Potassium: 581 mg
Carbohydrate: 30 g
Fiber: 6.2 g
Sugars: 1.7 g
Protein: 42.82 g