1 tsp. vegetable oil
• 1 lb. skinless chicken breasts, cut into half-inch cubes
• 1 can (16 oz.) white navy beans, undrained
• ½ tsp. corn starch
• 1 cup chicken broth
• 1 can (4 oz.) mild green chiles, roasted and peeled, undrained
• ¼ tsp. crushed, dried red pepper
• ½ tsp. black pepper
• 1 tsp. cumin
• ½ tsp. garlic powder
• 2 tbsp. dried chopped onion
• ½ tsp. salt
• 1 tsp. fresh, minced cilantro
1) In a large skillet, heat the oil and then add the chicken cubes. Cook on medium heat and stir for about 5 minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink.
2) In a separate bowl, dilute the corn starch by adding it to the chicken broth; stir.
3) Add the navy beans, green chiles, and chicken broth/corn starch mix to the skillet; stir.
4) Add the red pepper, black pepper, cumin, garlic powder, dried chopped onion, salt, and cilantro to the skillet; stir well.
5) Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
6) If desired, serve with toppings (shredded Colby Jack cheese, avocado slices, sour cream, and/or chopped cilantro).
Makes about four servings of 1 cup each.
Nutrition information (approximate):
Serving size: 1 cup
Fat: 5.3 g
Saturated Fat: 0.35 g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.1 g
Monounsaturated Fat: 2.2 g
Cholesterol: 94 mg
Sodium: 647 mg
Potassium: 581 mg
Carbohydrate: 30 g
Fiber: 6.2 g
Sugars: 1.7 g
Protein: 42.82 g
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.