Baking time: 70 – 80 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
4-5 apples – peeled, cored & cut into thin wedges
5 Tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
A hint of nutmeg
3 Cups all-purpose flour
3 Teaspoons baking powder
2 Cups white sugar
1 Cup vegetable oil
2 ½ Teaspoons vanilla extract
⅔ Cups orange juice
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Carefully spray with Pam and then flour (Wondra) bundt pan (10”)
3. Combine 5 Tbl of sugar & cinnamon. Place apples in a medium bowl and sprinkle with sugar/cinnamon mixture. Set aside.
4. Sift together flour & baking soda, set aside.
5. In electric mixer bowl combine eggs and sugar. Add oil, vanilla, and orange juice. Combine all do not over mix.
6. Add dry ingredients and mix.
7. Put a small amount of batter in bundt pan and then layer with about half of the apples, cover apple layer with part of the batter and then make another apple layer. Top off with remaining batter.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 75 minutes, or until wooden skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
9. Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 45 minutes.
10. Invert bundt pan over a plate to remove.
11, Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream. Excellent when served warm.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.