Preparation and Cooking
1. In a basic 9 * 13 pan or cooking dish add 1 and ½ cups of uncooked long grain white rice
2. Add 1 drained can (normal size) of whole kernel corn and spread out on top of rice
3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper
4. Pour over 1 can (8 ounce) of tomato sauce and spread over corn with the back of a spoon
5. Evenly distribute ½ cup of water on top of tomato sauce
6. Add ½ cup of finely chopped onion
7. Add 1 and ½ pounds ground beef on top. It should look like a huge hamburger patty on top of everything. Make the patty about ½ inch thick. You may want to use more ground beef. (You can season the meat if you like)
8. Sprinkle with salt and pepper
9. Pour over 2nd can (8 ounce) of tomato sauce and spread evenly over ground beef
10. Add ½ cup of chopped green bell pepper and spread over ground beef (optional)
11. Evenly distribute ¼ cup of water over entire dish
12. Cover entire casserole with as many strips of bacon as you desire (1 layer is fine)
Cover the pan with tin foil and place in oven which should be preheated at 350 degrees. Bake for 1 hour. Remove tin foil and cook an additional 30 minutes. Remove from oven (depending on how fatty the ground beef you use is you may want to dump out the excess grease). Let cool for 10-15 minutes and enjoy. I like to put hot sauce and ketchup on mine but it is wonderful all by itself as well. It is very quick and easy to prepare. The hard part is waiting for it to cook.
Perfected by Mama Dougherty
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.