(Almost homemade – using a cake mix)
You can use your choice of cake mix – avoiding the ones with pudding in the mix and lighter cake mixes such as angel food.
- 1 box of cake mix
- 1 cup of buttermilk (replacing the water called for on the cake mix box)
- 4 large eggs (replacing the number called for on the cake mix box)
- Vegetable Oil – use amount indicated on the cake mix box
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
Combine cake mix, buttermilk, eggs, vegetable oil (using amount called for on the box).
Beat with an electric mixer until moistened, about 30 seconds.
Increase mixer speed to high for about two minutes longer, until batter is thick.
Fill paper liners two-thirds full.
Bake for about 15 – 20 minutes – or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Remove cupcakes to a wire rack, cool completely before decorating.
BUTTERCREAM VANILLA FROSTING
- 1 container (16 oz) Marshmallow Fluff
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, softened and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
Beat Marshmallow Fluff in a large bowl with electric mixer on low.
Gradually add butter pieces, beating well until smooth.
Add the vanilla extract
Add the confectioner’s sugar. Add more confectioner’s sugar if necessary.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.