Four serving of Cheese Grits
• Oil (OLD Bacon grease preferred) but vegetable oil is fine - 1/2 cup
• Kosher Salt - one tablespoon
• Unsalted Butter - one stick
• Ground Black Pepper - to your taste
• 1/2 Velveeta Cheese Loaf (sliced or diced)
• Grits - 2 1/2 cups
Pan Fried Salmon
• Four 2 1/2 sliced Atlantic Salmon (with or without skin)
• Virgin Olive Oil
• Chili Powder, to your taste
• Season Salt, to your taste
• Grounded Black Pepper, to your taste
For the grits bring water to a boil and add all ingredients except cheese and grits. Once water is to a boil, slowly mix in your grits allowing it to blend with other ingredients. Once your grits have blended, reduce the heat to low and allow grits to sit for a few minutes, then mix in your cheese. Turn your stove top off and allow cheese to melt. After a few minutes of sitting, your grits are ready to plate.
For your pan fried salmon, heat a non-stick pan to middle heat on your stove top. Pour in about 2/3 cup of Virgin Olive Oil and allow oil to become hot and place salmon in the pan skin-side down. Please remember to reduce heat on stove top to low as you fry your salmon. Turn salmon over where non-seasoned side is up and cook at least 6 minutes on the seasoned side. Don't forget to remove the skin. Your salmon is ready to serve!