Aviation Director's Broiled Fish & Cilantro Dipping Sauce
Broiled Fish Ingredients:
1 lbs. of any firm fish fillets (cut into 2-3-inch pieces)
1 tbsp. chopped fresh ginger
1/2 habanero pepper chopped
1/2 tsp. tupelo honey
1/4 tsp. turmeric
4 cloves garlic
1/3 cup vinegar
Salt to taste
1 tbsp ground coriander seeds
1 tbsp ground cumin seeds
1 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
1/2 cup vegetable oil
• Blend together pepper, ginger, garlic, vinegar, salt, coriander, cumin, cayenne, turmeric and oil in the blender to form an emulsified marinade.
• Cut the fish fillet(s) into 2 inch cubes and marinate the fish pieces in the paste using a Ziploc bag for a minimum of 2 hours in the refrigerator.
• Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees and when heated turn broiler to high
• Place the marinated fish pieces on the foil covered broiler tray and place in the middle shelf.
• Broil for about 8-10 minutes constantly checking to prevent burning as time varies with fish and size -then turn over with tongs and broil until done.
Serve as a finger food with toothpicks and cilantro dipping sauce.
Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
• Coriander (Cilantro) leaves – 1 bunch washed with stems and all
• Habanero Pepper – 1/2 tsp. chopped
• Garlic – 2 cloves
• Ginger - 1 inch peeled
• Lime juice – 1 lime
• Oil – 1 teaspoon
• Salt – to taste
Blend until smooth
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.