Oven: 325 degrees
1 & ¼ sticks of butter, softened (10 TB.)
1 TBS. corn syrup, 1 TBS. molasses
1 c. dark brown sugar
½ cup al purpose flour
½ cup white whole wheat flour
½ tsp. baking soda
3 TBS. natural cocoa
1 TBS. orange zest
3 TBS. orange juice
½ cup toasted pecans
1) Preheat oven. Line a 9x3 loaf pan w/parchment paper. Spray sides w/Pam.
2) Beat butter, syrups, and sugar till smooth.
3) In separate bowl combine flour, baking soda and cocoa, mix well. Add one TBS. of dry ingredients to butter mix, beat briefly, then add one egg and beat until well mixed. Then add 2 more TBS. of dry ingredients, then the last egg. Mix well.
4) Beat in remaining dry ingredients, then the orange zest and when mixed in, the orange juice. Lastly, add pecans. Batter may look a little curdled.
5) Pour batter into loaf pan. Bake for 45 mins. or until edges are dry looking. Cake will collapse slightly as it cools. Cool in pan, then carefully remove from pan and cool completely.