Serving per recipe: 7
1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained, liquid reserved
½ cup butter
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/8 cups chicken broth or stock
1 ½ cups evaporated milk
2 tablespoons of cooking sherry
4 cooked, boneless chicken breast halves, chopped
4 ounces chopped pimento
1 cup packaged frozen baby peas, slightly thawed.
1. Cook and stir drained mushrooms in butter over medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Blend in flour, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until mixture is bubbly. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in chicken broth, evaporated milk , cooking sherry and reserved mushroom liquid. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for 1 minute.
4. Stir in peas, chicken and pimiento. Heat through.
5. Serve over rice, noodles, toasted pointed, puff pastry shells or waffles.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.