An old German recipe that my mother used to make for us growing up in Southwestern Kansas. Very easy and delicious, you can make up in big batches and freeze for quick reheating.
1 lb ground beef
3 cups shredded cabbage
½ chopped onion
Your favorite dough (I use pizza dough in the can)
1. Brown ground beef and onion in skillet.
2. Add shredded cabbage, salt, pepper, dash of Tabasco and Worcestershire to hamburger/onion mix and cover, stirring occasionally.
3. While mixture is cooking, roll out pizza dough and cut into sections approx. 5 by 6 inches.
4. Place about 2 tablespoons of meat mixture into each section and fold dough over the mixture and seal up.
5. Place on a baking sheet and cook at 375 for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
6. Remove from oven, spread some butter on the top, sprinkle with salt, and enjoy!