Note: this is not a complete recipe. It's a way to jazz up any clam chowder recipe you may already have. (It's awesome!)
Basic Ingredients for a chowder base:
Salt & Pepper
• Substitute CLAM JUICE for vegetable stock.
• Sautee celery and onion in separate pan,
then add to base.
Basic Ingredients to finish your chowder:
• Use RED ONIONS & RED POTATOES.
• Try Hardwood Smoked Bacon.
• Chop bacon and pan cook until golden brown.
• Add some of the bacon pan drippings to your chowder.
• Use half-‐n-‐half and heavy cream instead of plain milk.
This will give a thicker, heartier texture and flavor.
• Avoid carrots.
Typical Chowder Seasonings:
black pepper & salt
• Chopped Garlic will give your chowder a kick.
• Butter adds flavor, color and a little sweetness.
• Try some dry spice blends:
green and red pepper,
red pepper flakes
Key: Wisk dry spice blend into half-‐n-‐half before
adding to chowder.
Most people heat chowder on a stove in a sauce pan.
• Dust off your crock pot! When your recipe is complete, give
the chowder’s flavors an hour or more to all come together.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.