WCTV Community Events
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Opportunities Available for Senior Volunteers in North Florida
Updated: 1:54 PM
- Over 55 and looking for something fun and rewarding to do? The North Florida Senior Companion Program is currently accepting applications from seniors who would like to join the program.
First 'Openly Secular Day' at FSU
- The Secular Student Alliance at Florida State University will be celebrating being out, proud, and openly secular by participating in the first ever Openly Secular Day on April 22nd.
AARP Livability Index: Tallahassee Receives High Marks in Some Areas, Below Average in Others
- Today the AARP Public Policy Institute launched the AARP Livability Index. Tallahassee received high marks in some categories, while receiving below average marks in others.
Florida Municipal Electric Association to Host 2015 Florida Lineman Competition
- Area residents will have the rare opportunity to see electric line workers in action this Saturday, at the 2015 Florida Municipal Electric Association's Florida Lineman Competition.
TPD Announces 2015 TAC Students Summer Academy
- The Tallahassee Police Department is currently accepting applications for the T.A.C. Students Summer Academy Leadership Program.
4th Annual Mother-Son Dance
- The Tallahassee Southside Club of Rotary International proudly announces the 4th Annual Mother-Son Dance.
50 Years Of Red Carpet Welcome For Moody's Airmen
- Friday night, the Valdosta and Lowndes County community will roll out the red carpet for our nation's heroes.
StarMetro Offering Fare-Free Rides on Fixed Routes April 18
- StarMetro will provide fare-free rides on its fixed routes all day Saturday.
Apalachicola National Forest Looking for Volunteer Camp Hosts
- The Apalachicola National Forest is accepting applications for volunteer camp hosts at various recreation sites throughout the forest. Campground hosts play a key role in supporting forest activities and projecting a friendly, helpful face to visitors.
Citizen Police Academy Offered by Douglas Police Dept.
- The Douglas Police Department will be conducting a Citizen Police Academy course starting August 13th, 2015 at the Douglas Police Department.
5 Years Later, Wakulla County Still Recovering from B.P. Oil Spill
- Monday will mark 5 years since what’s been described as the worst environmental disaster in U.S. history, the B.P. oil spill.
Leon County Humane Society to Host 'Kitty Glitter' Fundraiser
- The Leon County Humane Society is hosting 'Kitty Glitter,' a silent auction and fashion show fundraiser.
SGMC and Kohl's to Host Bike Safety Program
- SGMC, Kohl’s Department Store, the Lowndes County Sheriff’s Department and Safe Kids Lowndes County will be hosting Bike Smart- a bike safety and bike rodeo program on Saturday, April 25.
Wiregrass Georgia Technical College Hosts Allied Health Fair
- 500 middle and high schoolers visited the Wiregrass campus in Valdosta to learn about careers in health care, Tuesday.
Moody's 823d Base Defense Group Leaves For Southwest Asia
- Family and friends gathered Tuesday morning to say their goodbyes to 110 members of Moody's 823rd Base Defense Group.
More Community Headlines