WCTV Community Events
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Cash Mob Event Draws Attention To Local Business
- Lowndes County Democrats draw attention to a local Valdosta business.
National Pancake Day Fundraiser Aims to Raise $3.5 Million
- Today, from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. participating IHOP restaurants are celebrating the tenth anniversary of National Pancake Day.
Tax Breaks Give "Food Deserts" a Boost
- Today, the Senate Agriculture Committee in Tallahassee approved giving grocery businesses located in low income areas tax breaks of $2,000 or more if they stock healthy produce.
The Junior League of Tallahassee Announces the 2015 Whale of a Sale
- The Junior League of Tallahassee (JLT) will host the 2015 Whale of a Sale, the community's largest yard sale Friday, February 27 and Saturday, February 28 at the former Harvey's Supermarket located at 5010 West Tennessee Street.
FDOT to Hold North Monroe Street Public Information Meeting
- The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) will hold a public hearing concerning proposed improvements to State Road (S.R.) 63 (U.S. 27/North Monroe Street).
The NFB Greater Tallahassee Chapter Presents Braille Read Across America
- The NFB Greater Tallahassee Chapter will present a Braille Read Across America event, taking place at the Leroy Collins Leon Public Library.
Godzilla Comes Home: Sculpture Returns to Gadsden Arts Center
- Godzilla returns to the Gadsden Arts Center.
Awesome Tallahassee Awards First $1000
- Awesome Tallahassee will give a thousand dollar grant to residents helping to make capital city "more awesome"
5K Race Will Honor Memory of Fallen Soldier
- Florida State University’s Army ROTC and the FSU chapter of Students for America’s Military will co-sponsor the Second Annual Justin Sisson Memorial 5K to honor Florida State University alumnus and Army 2nd Lt. Justin Lee Sisson, who was killed in action in Afghanistan in 2013.
City Of Valdosta Not To Blame For Manhole Sewage Overflow
- The City of Valdosta Utilities Department says this it the third time Park Chase Apartments has been responsible for a sewage spill.
Small Businesses May Get a Boost
- As legislative tax breaks begin to take shape, some lawmakers want to keep it local. A new proposal would have shoppers saving money down at the friendly neighborhood shop.
Local Girl Scouts Build Neighborhood Library
- Local Girl Scouts Build Neighborhood Library
What The Health App
- Newest app on the market that tells people what health violations a restaurant may have.
The Economic Development Council Kicks Off "Made in Tallahassee" Campaign
- As the region’s official economic development organization, the Economic Development Council of Tallahassee/Leon County, Inc. (EDC) is shining the spotlight on the important and diverse products that are made or manufactured in Florida’s Capital City and sold around the world.
Jefferson Middle High School Assistant Principal Reinstated After Students Protest
- After students and parents speak out, Terrell Davis, the assistant principal of Jefferson County Middle High School who was let go last week, will be reinstated.
More Community Headlines