WCTV Community Events
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
LCSO Announces Funeral Services for Sheriff Larry Campbell
- The Leon County Sheriff's Office has announced funeral services for Sheriff Larry Campbell.
City of Tallahassee, Leon County Provide Update on Storm
- Leon County and the City of Tallahassee have continued operations throughout the night and into this morning responding to the impacts of the Christmas week storm.
Tallahassee Christmas Trees Get a Second Chance to Spread Holiday Cheer
- Tallahassee continues a holiday tradition by providing residents with a “greener” way to dispose of their evergreens.
Many Florida State Parks to Stay Open Christmas Day
- The Florida Department of Environmental Protection’s Florida Park Service invites residents and visitors to spend their Christmas at a state park or trail.
Dispatch Center Changes Coming After Smith Fatality
- Changes include new computer dispatch software.
Northeast Tallahassee Development Moves Forward
- Leon County's Development Review Committee approved the Bannerman Crossing project.
Tallahassee Fitness Center Abruptly Closes
- Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services regulates gyms, offers help to members
Salvation Army in Need of Bell Ringers to Close Out Holiday Season
- The Salvation Army in Tallahassee is $9,000 short of their holiday goal, and needs bell-ringers to boost donations.
Volunteers Needed for Toys for Tots
- Toys for Tots needs volunteers to help assemble, bag, and distribute gifts.
Obstacle Course Raises Money For United Way
- Leon County is hosting the Open Rush Obstacle Challenge.
Havana Holiday Festival This Saturday
- Food and craft vendors will line the street; and don't miss the annual Lawn Mower Parade! There will be snow, Santa, music, and more!
Graham Meets With Tallahassee Business Leaders
- Congresswoman-elect Gwen Graham says bringing jobs and economic development to the area is a priority.
Christmas Connection Opens Donation Center
- Homegrown charity helps more than 500 families each year in Leon and surrounding counties
Leon County Set to Kick Off Great Tree Challenge
- Leon County Government will announce the kickoff of the Great Tree Challenge, a unique way for citizens to document the size and history of notable local trees.
Report Shows Nearly Half Big Bend Families Struggling
- The United Way of the Big Bend released the study's findings.
More Community Headlines