WCTV Community Events
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Tallahassee's Red Light Camera Program Ending
Updated: 4:40 PM
- Tallahassee's Red Light Camera Program is coming to an end.
Leon County Holiday Closures and Service Changes for 4th of July
- Leon County has announced holiday closures and service changes to occur July 3 and July 4, in observance of Independence Day.
Tallahassee Airport Soars to New Heights
- This week, the Tallahassee Regional Airport received the official designation from the Federal Aviation Administration as an international airport.
Constructions Starts on Capital Cascades Crossing
- Construction has started on a new bridge that will cross South Monroe Street.
Gov. Scott and Volunteer Florida Present Champion of Service Awards
- Today, Gov. Rick Scott and Volunteer Florida CEO Chester Spellman awarded three Floridians with the Champion of Service Award, Florida’s statewide volunteer award.
Leon County Balances 2015 / 2016 Budget
- The Leon County Board of County Commissioners, in a 7-0 vote Tuesday, balanced the County’s tentative budget without raising the millage rate.
Valdosta Church Hosts Prayer Vigil for Victims of Charleston Shooting
- The St. Paul AME Church in Valdosta held a prayer vigil for the victims of the Charleston shooting Monday.
Tallahassee Southside Initiatives Connect Residents with Resources
- Today, the City of Tallahassee Mayor and Commissioners highlighted six Southside initiatives being implemented addressing challenges faced by the Southside community.
Local Pastors Call for Prayer for Racial Healing and Reconciliation in Wake of Charleston Church Shooting
- A group of pastors in Tallahassee held a press conference to respond to the deadly church shooting in Charleston, S.C.
Tropical Smoothie Cafe Celebrating National Flip Flop Day
- With summer just around the corner, one food chain is offering a free treat today, but there's a catch.
Mayor Gillum and Volunteer Florida Welcome National Civilian Community Corps
- Tallahassee Mayor Andrew Gillum and Volunteer Florida CEO Chester Spellman today announced that Tallahassee will host the city’s first-ever AmeriCorps NCCC team.
Tallahassee Irish Repertory Theater Presents "The Cripple of Inishmaan"
- Starting Friday, June 19th, 2015, The Tallahassee Irish Repertory Theater is kicking off its run of the play, “The Cripple of Inishmaan.”
New Ramp Gives Leon County Woman New Freedoms
- Teens with LCSO Adventure Camp, Ability 1st team up to build wheelchair ramp
Public Safety Millage Calculator Unveiled
- Today, the City of Tallahassee posted an online millage calculator that allows city property owners to immediately determine how the proposed increase in millage for public safety would impact their property tax bill.
After Charleston Shooting, City Of Valdosta Discusses Safety Measures
- The Wednesday night shooting in Charleston has many at Valdosta City Hall discussing security.
More Community Headlines