WCTV Community Events
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Dispatch Center Changes Coming After Smith Fatality
- Changes include new computer dispatch software.
Northeast Tallahassee Development Moves Forward
- Leon County's Development Review Committee approved the Bannerman Crossing project.
Tallahassee Fitness Center Abruptly Closes
- Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services regulates gyms, offers help to members
Salvation Army in Need of Bell Ringers to Close Out Holiday Season
- The Salvation Army in Tallahassee is $9,000 short of their holiday goal, and needs bell-ringers to boost donations.
Volunteers Needed for Toys for Tots
- Toys for Tots needs volunteers to help assemble, bag, and distribute gifts.
Obstacle Course Raises Money For United Way
- Leon County is hosting the Open Rush Obstacle Challenge.
Havana Holiday Festival This Saturday
- Food and craft vendors will line the street; and don't miss the annual Lawn Mower Parade! There will be snow, Santa, music, and more!
Graham Meets With Tallahassee Business Leaders
- Congresswoman-elect Gwen Graham says bringing jobs and economic development to the area is a priority.
Christmas Connection Opens Donation Center
- Homegrown charity helps more than 500 families each year in Leon and surrounding counties
Leon County Set to Kick Off Great Tree Challenge
- Leon County Government will announce the kickoff of the Great Tree Challenge, a unique way for citizens to document the size and history of notable local trees.
Report Shows Nearly Half Big Bend Families Struggling
- The United Way of the Big Bend released the study's findings.
New Lights in Local Park
- Remington in Thomasville is receiving new light poles.
Doubletree Project Critics Claim Commissioner Has Conflict
- Critics point to Commissioner Kristin Dozier's family connection to the company quoting the construction costs.
New Bond Interim CEO Addresses Challenges
- Dr. Temple Robinson takes over as CEO after 12 years as Chief Medical Officer.
Local Agencies offer Halloween Safety Tips
- Halloween is almost here and in preparation for Trick-or-Treaters roaming the streets in pursuit of candy, local agencies are urging children, parents, and motorists to stay safe.
More Community Headlines