WCTV Community Events
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Springtime Tallahassee Events This Weekend
- Springtime Tallahassee, and its popular parade, will lure more than 150 thousand people downtown this weekend.
Meals on Wheels is Seeking Volunteers
- Elder Care Services is currently seeking 30 new volunteers to deliver Meals on Wheels to local seniors.
Honor Flight Cash Strapped for Upcoming Trip
- Donations are needed for Tallahassee veterans' upcoming trip to D.C.
Tallahassee Music Week Releases Event Schedule
- Today Tallahassee Music Week, Inc. released its full ten-day schedule for more than 100 musical events taking place throughout Tallahassee from April 3rd to April 12th.
Accreditation Assessment Team Invites Public to Comment on FDLE
- Assessors from the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies will be visiting the Florida Department of Law Enforcement on April 20 – April 23, 2015 to examine all aspects of the department’s policies and procedures, management, operations, and support services.
Golfing in Honor of Fallen Officers
- Law enforcement from across North Florida and their supporters gathered at Golden Eagle Country Club Monday to support fallen officers and their families.
FSU Library Employee Receives National Award for Courage
- Florida State University Libraries employee Nathan Scott is the 2015 recipient of the American Library Association (ALA) Paul Howard Award for Courage for his bravery when a shooter opened fire in front of Strozier Library last November.
Florida Man Receives $1,000 Reward for Role in Apprehending Arsonist
- Today, the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services’ Florida Forest Service and the Florida Forestry Arson Alert Association recognized Terry Roberts of Cross City with a check for $1,000 for his role in apprehending a wildland arsonist in Lafayette County.
Road Closures Downtown for Springtime Tallahassee
- There will be significant road closures on March 27th and 28th for the 'Springtime Tallahassee' events downtown.
Police Need Help Locating Missing Girl
- The Leon County Sheriff’s Office is requesting assistance in locating 15-year-old Sydney Fuller.
Free Workshops for Gadsden Co. Parents
- The Gadsden County Library is offering a free workshop to help parents with their interactions with young children.
Valdosta Prepares For Biggest Festival Of The Year
- Vendors from all over the nation are busy in Valdosta setting up for the 15th Annual Azalea Festival to be held this weekend.
Valdosta State University President Addresses Student Safety In Open Letter
- Many are wondering what the motivation was behind an open letter sent to students, parents, and faculty of Valdosta State University on Tuesday.
Another Suspect In Custody After Wednesday Morning Shooting, Police Chief Outraged At Community Reaction
- New developments released regarding Wednesday morning stand-off. Police Chief sounds off on community's reaction.
Critical Need for Blood Donations
- The supply of all blood types has reached extremely low levels due to high usage in area hospitals and lower than normal donations. There is an immediate need for all blood types.
More Community Headlines