Eyewitness News --
Want to have some fun when you are tailgating this football season? Sure, it's always fun to sit around, grill out, have a cold drink, and enjoy time with friends, but why not try a tailgate scavenger hunt to mix up the celebration? Here's how!
Tailgate Scavenger Hunt
Create teams of 2 or 4. Provide a list of items that can be found at a football stadium before a game. You can create your own list or use the one provided below. Provide the teams with a set amount of time (30-minutes to 1 hour) to locate and return with items. Award prizes based on the team that locates all of the items or has gathered the most number of items.
Items cannot be purchased or stolen (don't get arrested before the big game!). Returning after the deadline time will result in deducting items from the list. One item from the list will be deducted for every minute that the team is late to check-in. The first team to arrive back to the Tailgate Party site with all of the items wins!
1. Secure something with the colors of the opposing team
2. Meet someone and obtain the signature of someone who’s name is Mary (or fill-in another name)
3. Take a photo with a cheerleader (must be in uniform)
4. Obtain a free beer from a tailgater
5. Get your face painted with team colors and the words “Go Team”
6. Borrow a pair of size 10 sneakers
7. Secure 5 sheets of toilet paper
8. Take a picture of a car with Georgia license plate (or fill-in another name of a state)
9. Secure one Dorito’s brand corn chip
10. Take one team photo in front of the football stadium
Prizes might include:
Gift Certificates (restaurants, retail store, etc)
Mini-trophies, ribbons or medallions
Respect of your fellow tailgaters (or tail-Seminoles)
For more tips on Tailgating or other part planning ideas check out
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.