Family Endures Total Loss in Blaze

By: Blaine Tolison Email
By: Blaine Tolison Email

The fire department responded to 8203 Meridale Drive near Woodville Highway around 3:00 p.m. Wednesday. Only charred walls and remnants of furniture were left of the inside of the mobile home when firefighters put out the blaze. The family said the fire came from the hot water heater, but at the time firefighters had not yet determined the cause.

There were three people inside, but all escaped with no injuries. However, the homeowner who says she recently paid off the residence lost everything. "I saw smoke coming through the wall. I went around the corner and looked in the bedroom and didn't see fire, so I went and opened the closet and fire just came out at me like that and that's when we tried to get water." said Cindy Morgan.

The Red Cross said lodging, food and clothing for a total of 482 dollars were provided to the family, as well as referrals to other agencies for more help.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WCTV 1801 Halstead Blvd. Tallahassee, FL 32309
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 19811274 - wctv.tv/a?a=19811274
Gray Television, Inc.