Neighborhood heroics saved a man's house from burning to the ground Friday night. Just off of Geddie Road, J.D. Daley's kitchen went up in a blaze sometime before 7:30 p.m. Firefighters believe it was started by a malfunctioning microwave--but before they even showed up, the neighbors came to the rescue. Daley said they came with garden hoses and fire extinguishers, leaving only embers for the Tallahassee Fire Department.
"David came with fire extinguishers. Nathan came down with fire extinguishers. He kept hosing it so I could climb a little further into the house, just shooting fire extinguishers at whatever we could see." said Daley.
Daley has home owner's insurance, but he says he would have lost priceless family heirlooms if the fire had not been not stopped.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.