Neighbors Fight Kitchen Fire

By: Blaine Tolison Email
By: Blaine Tolison Email

Neighborhood heroics saved a man's house from burning to the ground Friday night. Just off of Geddie Road, J.D. Daley's kitchen went up in a blaze sometime before 7:30 p.m. Firefighters believe it was started by a malfunctioning microwave--but before they even showed up, the neighbors came to the rescue. Daley said they came with garden hoses and fire extinguishers, leaving only embers for the Tallahassee Fire Department.

"David came with fire extinguishers. Nathan came down with fire extinguishers. He kept hosing it so I could climb a little further into the house, just shooting fire extinguishers at whatever we could see." said Daley.

Daley has home owner's insurance, but he says he would have lost priceless family heirlooms if the fire had not been not stopped.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WCTV 1801 Halstead Blvd. Tallahassee, FL 32309
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 28337089 - wctv.tv/a?a=28337089