Grease Fire Leaves Woman Homeless

By: Blaine Tolison Email
By: Blaine Tolison Email

The Tallahassee Fire Department rushed to Sandpebbles Apartments on Pensacola Street around 5:30 Wednesday afternoon. Firefighters say a power outage turned the electric off at the apartment and when it came back on, the stove heated a pan of grease and started the fire in the kitchen.

Captain Dennis Roberts with the Tallahassee Fire Department said, "One thing you got to keep in mind when you're doing things and the power goes out, you've got to be mindful of the fact--be sure you turn things back off because the power will come back on and if you're not ready for it, it can cause a fire."

Firefighters were able to save most of the apartment. There were no injuries and the Red Cross is assisting the victim.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WCTV 1801 Halstead Blvd. Tallahassee, FL 32309
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 30665899 - wctv.tv/a?a=30665899