The faculty, staff and students at Crossroad Academy Charter School of Business definitely have something to smile about. Crossroad Academy has been honored by the Florida Department of Education as a Title I Distinguished School.
The U.S. Department of Education, along with the National Association of State Title I Directors provides an opportunity for states to honor schools that exemplify exceptional results by sustaining student achievement. To be considered a Title I Distinguished School, strength must be demonstrated in the following areas:
• Opportunity for all children to meet proficient and advanced levels of academic performance;
• Strong professional development; and
• Coordination with other programs;
• Curriculum and instruction to support achievement at high standards;
• Partnerships among schools, parents and communities.
Crossroad Academy was honored for sustained academic achievement for the last two years and for closing the achievement gap in reading and math proficiency for students participating in the Free & Reduced Lunch program.
On Monday, March 9, 2010 at 1:00 p.m. the Chairperson of the Board of Directors will host an assembly in the school gymnasium to spotlight faculty and staff for this momentous achievement followed by a pep rally to Kick-off the start of FCAT as we strive for “A”nother “A”. The assembly is open to the public.