WCTV Community Events
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Tallahassee Museum Jazz and Blues Festival
- Tallahassee Museum Jazz and Blues Festival
The Thomasville Rose Show and Festival Kicks Off Friday Night
- You don't need to go to Pasadena to see the roses, everyone knows that Thomasville is the place to be for none other than the Rose Festival Parade.
City Electric Utility Win Tops Honors
- The City of Tallahassee’s Electric Utility department felt the power at the 15th annual Florida Lineman Competition as it swept top honors in all main categories for the second year in a row.
Public Workshops Held for Connections 2040 Regional Mobility Plan
- The Capital Region Transportation Planning Agency is gathering public input for its Connections 2040 Regional Mobility Plan, which aims to improve transportation in a four-county region.
Opportunities Available for Senior Volunteers in North Florida
- Over 55 and looking for something fun and rewarding to do? The North Florida Senior Companion Program is currently accepting applications from seniors who would like to join the program.
First 'Openly Secular Day' at FSU
- The Secular Student Alliance at Florida State University will be celebrating being out, proud, and openly secular by participating in the first ever Openly Secular Day on April 22nd.
AARP Livability Index: Tallahassee Receives High Marks in Some Areas, Below Average in Others
- Today the AARP Public Policy Institute launched the AARP Livability Index. Tallahassee received high marks in some categories, while receiving below average marks in others.
TPD Announces 2015 TAC Students Summer Academy
- The Tallahassee Police Department is currently accepting applications for the T.A.C. Students Summer Academy Leadership Program.
4th Annual Mother-Son Dance
- The Tallahassee Southside Club of Rotary International proudly announces the 4th Annual Mother-Son Dance.
50 Years Of Red Carpet Welcome For Moody's Airmen
- Friday night, the Valdosta and Lowndes County community will roll out the red carpet for our nation's heroes.
StarMetro Offering Fare-Free Rides on Fixed Routes April 18
- StarMetro will provide fare-free rides on its fixed routes all day Saturday.
Apalachicola National Forest Looking for Volunteer Camp Hosts
- The Apalachicola National Forest is accepting applications for volunteer camp hosts at various recreation sites throughout the forest. Campground hosts play a key role in supporting forest activities and projecting a friendly, helpful face to visitors.
Citizen Police Academy Offered by Douglas Police Dept.
- The Douglas Police Department will be conducting a Citizen Police Academy course starting August 13th, 2015 at the Douglas Police Department.
5 Years Later, Wakulla County Still Recovering from B.P. Oil Spill
- Monday will mark 5 years since what’s been described as the worst environmental disaster in U.S. history, the B.P. oil spill.
Leon County Humane Society to Host 'Kitty Glitter' Fundraiser
- The Leon County Humane Society is hosting 'Kitty Glitter,' a silent auction and fashion show fundraiser.
More Community Headlines