WCTV Community Events
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
Alligator In Woodbriar Community
- Residents and passing cars at the Woodbriar Community saw the scaly reptile in their neighborhood today.
Capital Area Community Action Agency's Executive Director Receives Prestigious Honor
- Capital Area Community Action Agency Executive Director, Tim Center, is honored to be the recipient of City Year’s Hero of Service award.
Capital Regional Medical Center First In US To Use New Medical Device
- Expertise, Technology, and Timing Saves Lives at CRMC
TPD And Shred-It Join Forces To Reduce Fraud
- On Saturday, April 26th, 2014, the Tallahassee Police Department and Shred-it, a local document shredding company, will join forces to reduce the potential for identity theft in the Capital City from 9 a.m. to Noon.
New Land Deal May Resurrect Performing Arts Center
- A new land deal between FSU and the community has re-opened talk about a new performing arts center.
Miracle Sports v. FSU Showdown
- Children with the Miracle Sports program will team up to play with Florida State student athletes.
FDEA: More Retirees Moving To Tallahassee
- According to the Florida Department of Elder Affairs, the state of Florida has more than 4.5 million residents ages 60 years and older.
Nearly 250 Airmen Welcomed Home With Open Arms After Six Month Deployment
- It was a heart warming sight at Moody Air Force Base Tuesday, as nearly 250 airmen returned home from deployment.
Tallahassee Runners Return To Boston For Marathon
- Local runners say emotions high, cheers "deafening" along marathon route
Downtown Valdosta Welcomes Back Farm Days
- Popular farmers’ market springs back on May 3
Tallahassee Firefighter Selected As Florida Professional Firefighter Of The Year
- The Tallahassee Fire Department’s very own Lt. Rusty Roberts will be recognized tonight as the recipient of this year’s Florida Professional Firefighter of the Year award presented by the Florida State Fire Marshal’s Office.
U.S. Rep. Austin Scott Announces New Possibility For Moody
- At the press conference, Rep. Scott announced the possibility that Moody AFB may soon take part in a new mission to train Afghani pilots.
WGTC Hosts 2014 Career Expo
- Wiregrass Georgia Technical College will host the 2014 Career Expo on Tuesday, April 22, 2014 from 1 pm-4 pm.
Valdosta Celebrates National Community Development Week
- The City of Valdosta is celebrating National Community Development Week, focusing on the Community Development Block Grant Program.
Wakulla County Announces Highway Beautification Grant Award
- Wakulla County has received a Highway Beautification grant in the amount of $99,801 for a Landscape and Irrigation System Design and Installation near the Ochlocknee Bay Bridge on Highway 98.
More Community Headlines