WCTV Community Events
Click on a date to see the listing of events for that day.
EDC To Host Event Highlighting Entrepreneurism In Leon County
- The Economic Development Council’s Entrepreneurial Showcase will highlight the region’s successful “Entrepreneurial Ecosystem” April 21 at Innovation Park
Speakers Sound Off At Members To Be Heard In Valdosta
- The Valdosta-Lowndes County Chamber hosted the Members to be Heard meeting on April 14, at the City Hall Annex.
LCRDA Hosts Meetings For Authority And Innovation Park
- Authority The Leon County Research and Development Authority Board of Governors will hold meetings for the purpose of discussing, reviewing, and considering issues related to the Authority and Innovation Park.
Frenchtown Focuses On Health, Economic Opportunity
- FrenchtownMarket-Tally will host the exciting opening of the Frenchtown Heritage Farmer's Market this Saturday.
LCPD Announces Take Your Daughters And Sons To Work Day
- Police Department staff are encouraged to bring their children for a fun-filled and informative day of learning and adventure.
Tallahassee Runner Returns To Boston For Marathon
- One year ago today bombs exploded at the finish line of the Boston Marathon - killing three people and injuring 260 others.
Lightning Strike Sparks Shed Fire
- At 8:15 this morning, TFD responded to the 6200 Block of Brushy Creek Road after a neighbor noticed a fire through the woods and called 911.
Human Trafficking Awareness Seminar To Be Held In Tallahassee
- On Saturday, April 26, 2014, from 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. the Delta Kappa Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. will hold an awareness seminar on human trafficking.
Winn-Dixie Looking To Hire 30 New Associates
- Winn-Dixie is holding a job fair to accept applications and conduct interviews for various positions in the Madison area.
FOUND: Missing Adult Melanie Davison
- Ms. Davison has been recovered and is unharmed.
Valdosta High School Holds Mock Disaster Drill For Students
- Valdosta High School junior and senior students are now more concerned with distracted and drunk driving after they witnessed a mock disaster drill, put on by Students Against Destructive Decisions.
City Of Valdosta Celebrates Georgia Cities Week
- This week the City of Valdosta, along with other cities across Georgia, will host a variety of events to celebrate the role cities play in the lives of their citizens.
Celebrate Earth Month By Cashing In Your Old Household Items
- Get a leg up on your spring cleaning with the City of Tallahassee’s biannual Cash for Trash event this Saturday, April 19, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
PRNA To Host 55th Annual Easter Egg Hunt
An egg-travaganza is planned for this Sunday, April 20, as the City’s Parks, Recreation and Neighborhood Affairs (PRNA) department hosts its 55th Annual Easter Egg Hunt! Activities will take place from 1 to 3 p.m. in Myers Park, located at 913 Myers Park Drive.
Leon County Grant Recipient Hosts 5th Annual Florida State Soccer Invitational
- Tallahassee United Futbol Club is hosting the 5th annual Florida State Soccer Invitational Saturday, April 12, through Sunday, April 13, at the Florida State University Rec SportsPlex.
More Community Headlines