TFD: Kitchen fire at home sparked attic fire later in the day

By  | 

By: Amy Robinson | WCTV Eyewitness News
October 3, 2017

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WCTV) -- The Tallahassee Fire Department is investigating a house fire that crews believe started as a result of a kitchen fire at the home earlier in the day.

At 6:09 p.m. Monday, crews responded to a structure fire at 1022 Marys Drive, off of Miccosukee Drive.

Crews arrived to find smoke coming from the roof of the home and firefighters located burning insulation in the attic. Crews quickly extinguished the blaze.

TFD says a quick-thinking neighbor who noticed the smoke called 911. There were no injuries reported and no major damage to the home.

Officials say the cause of the fire was secondary to a kitchen fire that had occurred earlier in the day that was extinguished by the residents.

TFD said in a statement, "The Tallahassee Fire Department would like to remind the citizens that even if the fire appears to be out, the fire department should be notified to come investigate and ensure that the fire is completely extinguished."

The Tallahassee Police Department and Leon County EMS assisted at the scene.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus