By: WCTV Eyewitness News
January 24, 2018
Tallahassee Fire Department
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WCTV) -- The Tallahassee Fire Department says six residents have been displaced by an overnight house fire on the southeast side.
The blaze broke out at a home in the 8500 block of Clear Lake Lane at 1:34 a.m. Wednesday.
Fire officials say first arriving units reported heavy fire and smoke showing from the front of the home and coming through the roof.
TFD posted a video to Facebook of crews battling the fire early this morning:
Crews quickly gained control of the fire and stayed on the scene for several hours performing overhaul and ensuring the flames were out.
Two adults and four children were in the home at the time of the fire, but no injuries were reported.
Officials say the cause of the fire is believed to be a small space heater in the garage of the home.
TFD says the fire caused an estimated $200,000 in damage.
LCEMS, the Leon County Sheriff’s Office, Talquin Utilities and the American Red Cross were all on scene to fire crews The Red Cross is providing assistance for the family.