By: Amy Robinson | WCTV Eyewitness News
January 29, 2018
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WCTV) -- The Tallahassee Fire Department says a fire that broke out at a home on Monday afternoon is believed to have been started by an electrical issue.
TFD says a call came in to the Consolidated Dispatch Agency around 3:36 p.m. about a possible house fire in the 600 block of West 5th Avenue.
Firefighters arrived on scene to find smoke coming from the single-story home.
Crews had to force their way into the home, where they encountered a "large amount of fire."
Firefighters deployed hose lines and extinguished the blaze while additional firefighters simultaneously conducted a search of the home to determine that no one was still inside.
No injuries were reported on scene. The Red Cross was called in to assist two adults that were living at the residence.
Damage to the home is estimated at $25,000.