Pet killed in Tallahassee house fire

Courtesy: TFD
By  | 

By: Amy Robinson | WCTV Eyewitness News
February 15, 2018

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WCTV) -- A pet was killed in an overnight house fire in the 100 block of Cadiz Street, the Tallahassee Fire Department reports.

Firefighters responded to the scene at 1:51 a.m. Thursday, and found heavy fire coming from the back of the two-story residential structure.

One person inside the home at the time of the fire managed to escape before fire crews arrived.

The resident was treated on scene by TFD before being taken to the hospital by Leon County EMS.

Crews began an aggressive interior attack of the fire, getting it under control within 30 minutes.

A search of the residence revealed the deceased pet.

Officials say the fire started on the stove and caused an estimated $75,000 in damages.

The Tallahassee Police Department and City of Tallahassee Utilities assisted TFD at the scene.