By: WCTV Eyewitness News
October 12, 2017
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WCTV) -- The Tallahassee Police Department is reminding residents that road closures will be in effect this weekend due to Florida A&M University's Homecoming events.
TPD released the following information regarding the closures:
The upcoming weekend will host several large events in Tallahassee, which is expected to impact our roadways and community. There will be many opportunities for our citizens and visitors to enjoy all that Tallahassee has to offer, including the popular Florida A & M University (FAMU) Homecoming Parade. The parade will take place on Saturday, October 14, at 8am. Please see the attached map for the route. Travelers should expect roadway closures and detours during this time and are asked to take an alternate route during the parade.
There is also a Homecoming FAMU football game that will take place in the afternoon on Saturday along with the Experience Asia 2017 Festival. The festival will take place at the Lewis and Bloxham Parks in downtown Tallahassee and the game will be at Bragg Stadium on Wahnish Way near FAMU Campus. Due to the increased traffic, residents are asked plan accordingly.
The following road closures will be in effect:
For the FAMU Homecoming Parade: Saturday, October 14, 2017 - Time: 7:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
• Orange Avenue will be closed from Adams to Pasco Street.
• Wahnish Way will be closed from DuPont to Commercial Drive.
• South Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard will be closed from FAMU Way to Barbourville Drive.
For the FAMU Homecoming Game: Saturday, October 14, 2017 - Time: Noon-7:30 p.m.
• Booster Parking only north of Osceola Street on Wahnish Way.
• Booster Parking only south of Eugenia on Wahnish Way and Perry Street.
• No vehicle traffic on Perry Street.
Experience Asia 2107: Saturday, October 14, 2017 - Time: 7 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
• Park Avenue East and West from Monroe to Gadsden will be closed.
• Calhoun Street will be closed from Call Street to College Avenue.