By: WCTV Eyewitness News
March 19, 2017
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WCTV) -- The Tallahassee Fire Department responded to an early morning residential fire Sunday, one that caused $50,000 worth of damage.
Crews were dispatched to the fourteen hundred block of Nashville drive after receiving a call just after 2 a.m.
First responders were met with heavy smoke upon arrival with initial reports that someone was trapped inside the structure.
After an aggressive search of the structure it was determined that no one was inside and the fire was extinguished. The cause of the fire was determined to be a small electrical space heater.
The fire caused an estimated $50,000 in damages and two fire fighters were treated on the scene with minor injuries before returning to work.