8 apples, peeled and thinly sliced
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
¼ cup white sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 pinch salt
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ cup water
Ready to use pie crust
Directions1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Stir in white sugar, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and water. Bring the syrup to a boil, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar, then remove from heat.
3. Unroll pie crusts, press one into a 9-inch pie dish
4. Place the apples into the crust.
5. Spoon caramel sauce over pie
6. Unroll the second crust and place over the apples.
7. Crimp the bottom crust over the top crust with your fingers.
8. Cut opening in the top crust.
9. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and bake until the crust is golden brown, and the apple filling is bubbling, 35 to 40 more minutes.
Allow to cool completely before slicing