4 cups sliced pared apples (about 4 medium)
2/3 to 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup oats
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/3 cup butter, softened
1. Preheat the oven to 375.F
2. Grease a square 8x8 pan
3. Place the apple slices in the prepared pan; ensuring that they are evenly spaced.
4. In a medium bowl combine the flour, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg and softened butter, mix until well combined ( mixture will be crumbly)
5. Evenly top the apples with the oat mixture.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown.
7. Serve warm and, if desired with light cream or ice cream.