3/12 cups of Crushed vanilla wafers or pound cake (you may also use 1 box of Nilla Wafers)
1 ¾ Cup Powdered Sugar (Separated)
¼ cup Egg Nog
¼ cup Spiced Rum
¼ teaspoon of Allspice or Cinnamon
Soft Stringed Candy (for Scarf)
2 tablespoons of Corn syrup
Directions*********To make traditional rum balls use 'nilla wafers, eliminate egg nog, increase rum to ½ cup and 2 tablespoons of chocolate*************
1. Crush cake into tiny crumbles
2. In a large bowl mix the cake crumbles, powdered sugar, allspice and egg nog. Mix until combined.
3. Add rum and corn syrup – mix further. Mixture should be stiff… If not add more powdered sugar. Refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes.
4. Remove from refrigerator and use a tablespoon to scoop mixture into hands. Form 3 different sized balls...the biggest about the diameter of a fifty-cent piece, the next biggest the diameter of a quarter and the smallest (for the head) the diameter of a nickel.
5. Roll cake balls in powdered sugar until completely covered.
6. Place large ball on plate and insert toothpick then stack medium and smaller size.
7. For the arms use pretzel sticks.
8. To create the hat, cut one small Tootsie roll in half – flatten one half with fingers to create the brim of the hat..place the other on top of that for the rest of the hat.
9. Use stringed colorful candy for scarf.
Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks