• ½ c butter, softened
• ¼ c cream cheese, softened
• 1 c granulated sugar
• 1 large egg
• ½ tsp vanilla
• 2 Tbsp. lemon zest
• 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
• 2 ½ -2 ¾ c all-purpose flour
• 2 tsp cornstarch
• 1 tsp baking soda
• ¼ tsp salt
• 1 ½ Tbsp. water
• ¾ c to 1 c powdered sugar
1. Combine butter and cream cheese in a mixing bowl fit with a paddle attachment. Cream together for about 1 minute. Add granulated sugar and continue to mix.
2. Add egg and vanilla extract and continue to beat on medium to high until light and fluffy, about 5-7 minutes.
3. Add half the flour, all the baking soda, salt, cornstarch and lemon zest. Add lemon juice and the remaining flour. Mix to combine until dough starts to form like a ball. Add a little more flour until slight ball starts to form. Cover and refrigerate dough for at least 2-3 hours or up to a few days.
4. Preheat oven to 350 ˚F. Prepare baking sheet and spray with cooking spray or parchment paper. Using a cookie scoop, scoop about 1 ½ Tbsp. cookie dough. Roll cookie dough between hands to get a nice round ball and place on prepared cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes, remove from oven and while still hot, slightly press down if desired. Allow cookies to cool down completely before transferring. Cookies will slightly harden overnight a little more so don’t bake them much longer.
1. To make the glaze, combine powdered sugar and water together in a small bowl. Whisk fast until ingredients are combined with no lumps.
2. Dip cookies upside down into icing or drizzle icing over the top and allow to harden.