1 cup garbanzo and fava flour
3/4 cup potato starch
1/2 cup sweet white sorghum flour
1/4 tapioca starch
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/4 cup cold butter
1 1/3 cups buttermilk
optional: 1 tablespoon caraway seeds and 1/3 cup raisins
2-3 tablespoons oil
Directions1. Preheat oven 350°.
2. Whisk together all dry ingredients.
3. Cut cold butter into small pieces, add to dry ingredients.
4. Using pastry blender, cut in butter until pieces are pea size. If a dessert bread is desired add caraway seeds and raisins.
5. Combine egg and buttermilk and add to flour mixture.
6. Stir just until blended. Coat the bottom and sides of an iron skillet, 9 inch cake pan, or 9 x 5 loaf pan with the oil.
7. Pour batter in, forming a domed ball shape and cut an X on top with a sharp knife.
8. Bake 40-45 minutes. Cool 10 minutes in pan on wire rack then remove from pan and continue cooling on wire rack.