6oz fresh mozzarella sliced.
2 ripe peaches , 1/4 in. thick slices
12 leaves fresh basil
1/3c Basil Pesto
2T extra virgin olive oil
1/2c balsamic vinegar, reduced by half
salt & pepper, to taste
1c fresh basil leaves
2 T pine nuts, pecans or whatever nut you like except peanuts- optional
2 cloves garlic
½ c extra-virgin olive oil
½ c parmesan cheese, grated
1. Combine basil leaves, nuts and garlic in a food processor and blend until very fine
2. With the machine running slowly drizzle in the oil and process until the mixture is smooth.
3. Add the cheese still blending just long enough to combine. Store in refrigerator or freezer.
Salad directions and assembly
1. Heat Grill or Grill pan
2. Cut peaches short length in half and remove large seed. Cut in 1/4 in slices.
3. Wash and dry Basil leaves.
4. Place peach slices on the grill and 1-2 minutes each side until they have grill marks. Set aside
Layer mozzarella cheese slices with pesto, peaches, and basil, repeat. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and vinegar reduction. Then sprinkle with salt and pepper