• 5 lbs Boston Butt
• Montreal steak seasoning
• 1 can black beans, washed
• 1 can corn, washed
• 1 can black-eyed peas , washed
• 4 red tomatoes, cut in chunks
• 1/2 cup cilantro
• 1 lime, juiced
• 1/2 cup jalapeño, small dice
• 1/2 cup red onion, small dice
• Bell paper, any color, small dice
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
• 4 Idaho potatoes, 1/8 inch thick sliced on mandolin
• Kosher salt
• Black pepper
• Remove Boston Butt from package. Pat dry and season with Montreal steak seasoning. Wrap with plastic wrap, then wrap again with aluminum foil. Set oven to 225 degrees. Place wrapped pork in oven and cook for 8hrs. When pork is done, remove shoulder bone. Pork should pull apart easily. If not, allow to cook until desired tenderness. Add favorite BBQ sauce.
• Rinse black beans, black eyed peas, and corn. Allow to dry, then add all to a mixing bowl.. Add bell pepper, red onion, tomatoes and jalapeños. In separate bowl, mix oil, vinegar, lime juice and cilantro. Pour mix onto bean salsa. Salt and pepper to taste. Place in refrigerator to chill.
• Slice 4 potatoes, 1/8 inch thickness, with a mandolin. After slicing potatoes, place in a clean bowl and toss with oil. Set oven to 400 degrees. Arrange on cookie baking sheet, and bake for 12-15 mins, until golden brown delicious (GBD).