• ½ cup pumpkin puree
• 1 egg yolk
• 2 tsp. vanilla
• 14 TBSP butter, room temp (≈1 ¾ sticks)
• ¼ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
• 1 tsp. cinnamon
• ½ tsp. salt
• ½ tsp. baking powder
• 1 ½ cups sugar
• 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
• 5 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
• 3 drops red food coloring (optional)
Directions1. In a large mixing bowl, combine room temperature butter and sugar with a mixer.
2. Slowly incorporate the egg yolk, pumpkin puree, vanilla and food coloring.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon.
4. Gradually mix the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture and combine well.
5. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 350˚F and spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
7. Using your hands, roll dough into small 1-inch balls and lightly roll them around in a bowl of sugar to coat.
8. Evenly space dough balls apart from each other on cookie sheet and gently press down with a fork or spatula.
9. Bake 10-12 minutes.
10. Allow to cool briefly on pan, then place on cooling rack to prevent the bottom from over cooking on baking sheet.
11. ENJOY!!! ;)