4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves (about 1 ¼ - 1 ½ pounds)
½ cup mayonnaise
3 tablespoons milk
1 bag (9 ounces) tortilla chips
1 tablespoon taco seasoning
1 teaspoon paprika or cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper (optional)
Resealable plastic bag
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
2. Cut each chicken breast half crosswise into ½ -inch strips.
3. In a large shallow bowl, whisk mayonnaise and milk until blended and smooth.
4. Place tortilla chips in a resealable plastic bag. Using a rolling pin, crush chips into fine crumbs.
5. 1 ¼ cups crushed tortilla chips with taco seasoning; mix well. Toss chicken strips first in mayonnaise mixture, then in crushed tortilla chips. Place on prepared baking sheet (do not overlap).
6. Baked until just browned and chicken is cooked through, 10- 12 minutes. Serve with salsa, sour cream and guacamole.
Fill lettuce cups with Taco Chicken Fingers. Mix salsa and mayonnaise for the dressing. Top with diced tomatoes and avocado.
Brighten up ordinary meals, such as casseroles, chili or Sloppy Joes, with the seasoned chip mix and top with shredded Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese.
Spice it Up
Turn this delectable appetizer into spicy chicken fingers by adding 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the seasoned taco mix.