WCTV, the dominant #1 station in Tallahassee, is searching for our next Newscast & Web Producer. This is an opportunity to start your career in a well-established newsroom, working side-by-side with award-winning journalists. We believe in big, showcased coverage on our broadcast and digital platforms, and so should you. Every day, our journalists strive to produce memorable moments, with targeted content featuring unforgettable characters and unprecedented access. Give our live stream a watch before you apply, you’ll see what we mean.
WCTV is a digital first newsroom. We break news on our website, push it on social, and add emotion and perspective on television. As a producer, you’re responsible for both. Our newscast producers are more than show stackers. To qualify, you must demonstrate that you know producing basics. You’ll also need to understand writing for the ear versus the eye, and how to write to your video. You must know how to select stories, stack a rundown, and time in the booth.
And yes, you’ll be expected to craft copy using active voice and present tense.
This position primarily supports weekend evening broadcasts, and will include swing shifts during the week and on holidays. It offers the opportunity for tremendous growth at a top station, and a great company. If you have what it takes, you’ll be working with industry veterans with valuable market experience. Tallahassee is a vibrant city, and some of the most desirable beaches are just about an hour away. Here, you’ll travel up and down hilly canopy roads, lined with Live Oaks and Spanish moss. Tallahassee is a haven for cyclists, with numerous bike trails nearby.
• Works with News Managers, Anchors and Reporter to create and execute newscasts featuring multiple live reporters
• Participate in daily editorial meetings and evaluate pitches for potential lead stories
• Selects, showcases and writes local, regional, national and international content for presentation.
• Makes graphics and lower thirds for all stories.
• Collaborates with reporters and anchors on story concept and delivery
• Writes copy for web and edits video for playback
• Producing experience in a smaller market, or Associate Producing experience in a larger market preferred.
• An internship in a commercial newsroom is required
• Knowledge of video editing and scripting software
• Working knowledge of web and social pla
• Ability to travel regionally and nationally.
WCTV is a Drug Free and Equal Opportunity Workplace. Gray Television Participates in E-Verify. For consideration please click the link below to be guided to the career page.
Search for the location/WCTV and click to open the position you are applying for. Click on “Apply Now” to submit your application, resume, and additional documents or videos.