|Before your ghosts and goblins trick or treat this year, parents should keep in mind some safety tips.|
- Carry a Flashlight ~ A glow bracelet, necklace, or flashing attire also work well for visibility.
- Plan Route in Advance ~ Trick or treat in familiar neighborhoods or areas.
- Only Visit Lit Houses ~ Residents who do not wish to be bothered by trick or treaters often leave off their lights.
- Accompany Your Children ~ If they are older and trick or treat without an adult, set firm rules and have them carry a cell phone.
- Think Practical for Costumes ~ Be sure a child's mask allows full visibility and breathing.
- Inspect All Candy ~ Never allow children to eat candy before it is inspected and throw away anything that is opened.
for more safety and planning ideas.