June 5, 2012 - Some children are mistakenly thinking laundry detergent is candy and eating it. Specifically these laundry detergent pods. Nearly 250 people have called poison centers around the country in the past couple of months after small children swallowed or bit into the packets. Poison control says if a child ingests the product. Symptoms include vomiting, problems breathing, and passing out. Recently, two toddlers had to be put on ventilators after eating the packets. But there's actually a sticker at the bottom of the product that says "keep away from children."
Also, body odors change as a person gets older. A study finds that people can identify each others ages by smell. Researchers in Philadelphia took underarm samples from young, middle aged, and elderly people. Participants were able to guess the age group according to the odor and they said the smell from older people was less intense and unpleasant than the younger groups.