A pet lizard is being blamed for causing a fire that severely damaged a house in the Florida Panhandle.
The fire killed the reptile and put a cat in an animal hospital.
The state fire marshal's office says the blaze began after the large orange lizard escaped from its cage yesterday in a suburb of Fort Walton Beach suburb.
The lizard apparently knocked over a heat lamp atop the cage and it landed on a comforter lying on the floor. That ignited the fire that caused an estimated $20,000 in damage to the modest three-bedroom rental house.
The people who lived in the home were at work.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.