Michael Gay lived on Fair Oaks Lane in the Woodville community. He says he awoke just before 5 a.m. Saturday morning to a fire in his bedroom.
Gay says he tried to put the flames out with a fire extinguisher, but that didn't work, so he called 9-1-1.
Tallahassee firefighters reached the residence within minutes, but they say the home was fully engulfed by the time they arrived.
Firefighters report that a space heater used to close to a wall caused the fire.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.