Fire officials say the house was fully involved when they arrived. Firefighters tell us they contained the fire, but that the house was a total loss. They determined the cause of the fire was a fireplace in use. They add there were no injuries.
"The residents started a fire in the fireplace and left the structure. We believe some of the sparks came out of the fireplace and ignited objects next to the fireplace and contributed to the fire."
Fire officials want to remind the public that during this chilly season, it's important to never leave an in-use fireplace unattended.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.