The home at 6711 Chevy Way on the county's east side, was engulfed in flames when firefighters responded around 3 a.m. Thursday morning.
Homeowner Steve Rhodes told investigators he and his wife retired for the night with a fire still burning in their wood stove.
Officials say it appears the fire started in the flue pipe of that stove.
Thanks to a working smoke alarm, the couple and their three sons were able to escape unharmed. But the home sustained $350,000 in damages.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.