Fender benders, side impacts, whatever the case, motorists driving through a busy Thomasville intersection, say a sign is to blame for dozens of accidents.
"I've seen a lot of accidents here, it's a big problem at this main intersection,” resident Randy David comments.
On any given day, hundreds of cars pass through this intersection and if your from out of town- many say you're left wondering which way to go."
"The signs say this way to 84 that way to 84, it's confusing and if you are driving here and look at it, you're gonna get smacked,” says concerned motorist Amanda Barnes.
City officials say they have no future plans to change the sign or it's location. But motorists who travel this route daily say they have a plan of their own.
"Put the sign over the road where people can see it, big letters that say 84 this way and go around the town,” suggests Barnes.
But whatever direction you choose, use caution and look ahead. Several concerned residents say they will attend an upcoming county meeting to voice their opinion.
Extended Web Coverage
Study done in 2000 by State Farm
Georgia’s Five Most Dangerous Intersections:
1. Marietta, GA - Cobb Parkway and Windy Hill Road
2. Atlanta, GA – Peachtree Street and Piedmont Road
3. Norcross, GA – Jimmy Carter Boulevard and Buford Highway
4. Atlanta, GA – Briarcliff Road and North Druid Hills Road
5. Sandy Springs, GA – Abernathy Road and Roswell Road
Florida’s 10 Most Dangerous Intersections:
1. Clearwater, FL – Sunset Point Road and U.S. 19
2. Altamonte Springs, FL – Highways 434 and 436
3. Orlando, FL – Highways 50 and 436
4. Pembroke Pines, FL – Flamingo Road and Pines Boulevard
5. Tampa, FL – Dale Mabry Highway and Waters Avenue
6. Pembroke Pines, FL – Pines Boulevard and University Drive
7. Orlando, FL – Goldenrod Road and University Boulevard
8. Jacksonville, FL – Beach Boulevard, and St. John’s Bluff Road
9. Palm Harbor, FL – Curlew Road and U.S. 19
10. Clearwater, FL – Drew Street and U.S. 19
Top 10 in U.S.
1. Pembroke Pines, Florida: Flamingo Road and Pines Boulevard
2. Philadelphia, Penn.: Red Lion Road and Roosevelt Boulevard
3. Philadelphia, Penn.: Grant Avenue and Roosevelt Boulevard
4. Phoenix, Arizona: 7th Street and Bell Road
5. Tulsa, Oklahoma: 51st Street and Memorial Drive
6. Tulsa, Okalhoma: 71st Street and Memorial Drive
7. Phoenix, Arizona: 19th Avenue and Northern Avenue
8. Plano, Texas: State Highway 21 and Preston Road
9. Metairie, Louisiana: Clearview Parkway and Veterans Memorial Boulevard
10. Sacramento, California: Fair Oaks Boulevard and Howe Avenue
Source: www.statefarm.com (State Farm Press Release) contributed to this report.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.