All indications so far are that it was started by a discarded cigarette.
Homeowners are on their property lines setting out sprinklers and hosing their yards, trying to keep the flames from their doors.
One house has already been lost to flames. Residents are hailing the forestry firefighters as heroes saying more homes could have been lost had they not acted so quickly.
This all started with a cigarette. Firefighters ask everyone to please pay close attention to the dry conditions and be sure to keep leaves, clippings and debris away from your homes.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.