A local fast food restaurant is the scene of an early morning blaze.
Tallahassee firefighters were called to the Wendy's on Thomasville Road and Capital Circle Monday morning.
Authorities say an air conditioning and heating unit caught fire when employees turned it on.
Firefighters were able to contain the blaze primarily to the roof and extinguish the flames quickly.
Damage is estimated at roughly $5,000 to $10,000.
Wendy's said it would try to open in the afternoon, but firefighters said it might take time to repair the damage.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.