By Ben Wolf
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Fire officials say the blaze erupted around 8:30 last Tuesday night in the 500 block of Charlton Street.
The residents were transported to South Georgia Medical Center for smoke inhalation and burns.
It only took the fire department three minutes to respond, but flames were already visible when they arrived on scene.
"My neighbor's house was on fire. I came out and I saw smoke and then I heard the windows busting and the flames began and there was smoke everywhere you couldn't see anything," said eyewitness Mary Nelson.
Fire officials believe the blaze was started by a space heater. The victims' names have not yet been released.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.