We're talking about Carbon Monoxide, and health officials say the potentially deadly gas, at high levels, can kill in just minutes.
Carbon Monoxide is the number one killer when it comes to poisons, it is the most commonly encountered and can cause a lot of physical suffering.
Now the florid Department of Health is sending a reminder, a warning.
Carbon Monoxide poisoning can happen within minutes, health officials report co is responsible for more deaths than any other poison.
The Florida Department of Health says this time of year, the potential for Carbon Monoxide poisoning increases.
"Carbon Monoxide is a colorless/odorless gas,” Capt. John Dilkes explains.
"It's produced by combustion of fuel. If exposed to it, you could have CO poisoning,” adds Tim Wallace.
Common sources for CO are household combustion appliances, like natural gas furnaces, water heathers, clothes dryers, space heaters and fireplaces.
The reason CO poisoning is so dangerous is because it's invisible, odorless, and tasteless. But the fire department and health officials say a CO detector is a good line of defense.
Some signs to look for that you may have been poisoned, is fatigue, weakness, shortness of breath, chest pains, nausea, vomiting and headaches.
wctv6.com Extended Web Coverage
Steps to Reduce Carbon Monoxide Exposure
Source: http://www.epa.gov/(United States Environmental Protection Agency Web Site)
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.