An electrical fire claimed the life of an elderly couple after they became trapped in their home during a raging fire.
Officials with the Live Oak Fire Department say they received a call just before 8 a.m. Sunday morning of a house engulfed in flames on Irvin Avenue.
In the home were an 85-year-old man and his 87-year-old wife.
Fire officials believe the couple was unable to escape the home because there were bars on all the windows and doors.
After a little bit of time trying to get in, firefighters found the couple's bodies in the kitchen area.
Their names are not being released at this time.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.